Updated August 06 2017
The Outer Ring Road improvement project will open up its environs to new economic development just as the adjoining and now completed Thika Superhighway project did for close-by areas. The Ksh. 8.5 billion project was officially launched in January 2015 and is projected to complete in 2018.
The following websites provide further information on the project:
- Progress report: Nairobi News July 2017
- Progress Photos: Nairobi News March 2017
- Community Impact: Outer Ring Road Development Monitoring
- Progress Photos : Nairobi Wire Sept 2016
- Progress Photos : Nairobi Wire April 2016
- African Development Fund : Appraisal Report (2013)
Other useful links on road projects undertaken by the Government of Kenya.
- Kenya National Highway Authority: kenha.co.ke
- Nairobi Road Projects: Government Presentation to UNEP (PDF)
- Kenya Urban Roads Authority: kura.go.ke