"A people denied history is a people deprived of dignity" Professor Professor Ali Mazrui (1933-2014)
RECOMMENDED HISTORY BOOKS
A Path Not Taken: The story of Joseph Murumbi: Africa's Greatest Private Cultural Collector and Kenya's Second Vice-president
- HISTORY ASIDES: THE NAME BEHIND THE ESTATE – JD OTIENDEJD Otiende was Kenya's first Education Minister. An effective administrator, he initiated many flagship public housing projects in Kenya's major cities and towns.
- HISTORY SHORTS: JASWANT SINGH BAHRAJJaswant Singh Bahraj assisted Mau Mau movement in sourcing materials and building weaponry and providing safe haven for fighters.
- HISTORY SHORTS: LUKAS PKECH AND THE KOLLOA RISINGLUKAS PKECH (d. 1950) was a Pokot spiritual leader and a hero in the early resistance against the British. In 1950 he led Pokot warriors and adherents of Dini ya Msambwa in a deadly confrontation with colonial authorities.
- Marcus Garvey (1887-1940, Pan-African Movement Leader)“A people without the knowledge of their past […]
- HISTORY SHORTS: FIELD MARSHAL MUTHONI WA KIRIMAFIELD MARSHAL MUTHONI WA KIRIMA (b. 1931;also known as Nyina wa Thonjo) was one of the highest ranking women in the command structure of the Mau Mau movement.