It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
RECOMMENDED HISTORY BOOKS
A Path Not Taken: The story of Joseph Murumbi: Africa's Greatest Private Cultural Collector and Kenya's Second Vice-president
- HISTORY ASIDES: MALKIAT SINGH, THE MAN BEHIND THE 8-4-4 REVISION BOOKSFor those of us who are products of the 8-4-4 education system, Malkiat Singh's name is synonymous with 8-4-4 having authored over 100 school textbooks, mainly revision books.
- TYPE 1 DIABETES: THE LESSER KNOWN FORM OF DIABETESType 1 Diabetes also known as Juvenile Diabetes kills hundreds of children every year in Kenya due to lack of diagnosis and treatment. Learn more about the lesser known sibling of Type 2 diabetes.
- HISTORY SHORTS: LUKAS PKECH AND THE KOLLOA RISINGLUKAS PKECH (d. 1950) was a Pokot spiritual leader and a hero in the early resistance against the British. In 1950 he led Pokot warriors and adherents of Dini ya Msambwa in a deadly confrontation with colonial authorities.
- HISTORY ASIDES: THE NAME BEHIND THE ROAD, ARGWINGS KODHEK ROADCMG Argwings Kodhek (1923-1969) was the Kenya's first African lawyer. Known for providing legal representation to freedom fighters he later became the Minister for Foreign Affairs in Independent Kenya.
- HISTORY SHORTS: JASWANT SINGH BAHRAJJaswant Singh Bahraj assisted Mau Mau movement in sourcing materials and building weaponry and providing safe haven for fighters.